.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales From Home

Short stories, prose, and comments jotted down on an occasional basis

Name:
Location: Warrington, United Kingdom

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Notes for 'Saturday Was On Tuesday'

I've decided to provide more background information on my stories. Just so anybody reading can see what I was trying to achieve and so can judge how successful I was.

Starting with 'Saturday Was On Tuesday'. This story grew out of an exercise I was given at my writing group. The challenge was to write something that reflected my own feelings on life and 'what it's all about'. I'm not very good at writing things like that because I prefer to frame things as a story rather than as pure prose so the only way I could think of doing it was to write about a character having a 'stream of consciousness' conversation with himself.

The character of Paul is not me so don't assume what he thinks is what I think. However the idea of people not being able to achieve their full potential is certainly something I think about from time to time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home